This top-up Bachelor of Science (with Honors) degree program is launched in 2012 and it is designed for associate degree / higher diploma graduates who study statistics, data science, information technology, and other programmes of which the curriculum includes training in statistics. Up to Aug 2018, there are over 250 graduates from this program.
Recognitions of the courses offered in the revised curriculum of BSc(Hon) in Data Science (BSCHDSF) 數據科學榮譽理學士 are currently under reviewed. The former program (BSCHSADF3) has acquired several external recognitions including:
- Hong Kong Statistical Society - Exemption of Graduate Diploma exams Module 1,3 & 4
- Continuing Education Fund (CEF) - Financial Services sector, 4 courses
- SAS Joint University certification - SAS programming and Data Mining
- The Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications (HKCAAVQ) – Level 5
Graduates are usually employed as data analyst or related positions in the areas of finance, banking, marketing research, education, logistics and government sector.
- Admission for 2018/2019 - Top-up Degree in Statistical Analysis and Data Science is now open. Online Application is now available, programme code: BSCHSADSF3.
- Korea Study tour 韓國四天科技考察之旅 2018
- Alumni Experience Sharing 校友開心分享活動 2018
- CV clinic 2018
- Asia-Pacific Conference on Economics & Finance 2018
- SAS certification exam 2018
- 6th Statistical Society cabinet 統計學會內閣 2018
- Japan Culture and Technology Exploratory Tour 日本文化科技探索之旅 2017
- Student awarded HSBC scholarships 榮獲滙豐銀行獎學金 – 2017